Welcome Service Tirol

The Welcome Service Tirol is the first point of contact for Tyrolean companies and universities and their international, highly qualified employees.

© Standortagentur Tirol


If you want to work in the Tyrol, a number of things need to be clarified and/or applied for in advance depending on whether you are an EU/EEA citizen, Swiss citizen or a third-country national.

As a third-country national, you need a residence permit in most cases. However, even for EU/EEA citizens and Swiss nationals, there are regulations to be observed in connection with residence.

Questions relating to the recognition of school-leaving certificates, academic degrees or vocational qualifications that you have obtained abroad may arise regardless of your home country.

If you have a partner who also wants to work in the Tyrol, we are happy to help with the relevant application process, too.

We would be pleased to advise you and your partner on all aspects of working in the Tyrol.

Working in Tyrol

For access to the Austrian labor market, there are a number of things to consider and clarify in advance.

find out more

Recognition of qualifications

On the subject of recognition of vocational training and academic qualifications, we must differentiate in two respects. Firstly, a distinction is made on the basis of the applicant’s country of origin, as different rules apply to EU/EEA citizens and...

find out more

Job applications

A job application usually includes a cover letter, a curriculum vitae and other supporting documents. The letter should be no more than one to two A4 pages long and should refer to the advertised position.

find out more